
Throughout most of my adult life I have been constantly drawn to the darkness. Reading more about my different muses I've realized I've invoked more in myself than just a dark personality. I have tried to take on these roles from deeper place and that has proved destructive. One because I never knew I was really doing it and two because I allowed it to take over. There is nothing wrong with feeling the dark, with seeing the dark or finding the beauty of the dark. There is however a responsibility because the dark has real consequences. It's like not respecting there are sharks in the oceans and just getting in their way on purpose. You can see where I am going with this. I, for one, will never get in the ocean. I always had a respect and fear of this great force on earth. Why I never respected the underworld or the darkness in a similar fashion is beyond me. It is okay to visit but to swim in it daily without using sense is entirely irresponsible. So i look back to my dark days with a sense of relief. I can now properly respect that space. I now have a sense of self and it is important to make that distinction.

No comments:
Post a Comment