Friday, April 24, 2015
Go to Sleep
Another wonderful journey of five years gone. I've woken up to some things in my mind. No longer a learner. No longer wondering or wandering. I've been working and climbing through sludge. It's time to move over. Work is work. There are no delays in the 'same old' when you begin to punch the clock. It's not my first dance with the hum drum life and it won't be my last. But this time it is different. Many things have changed and I'll tell you why. I've gone inward and stayed there. I've quit asking big questions and hid myself in the mundane. Sometimes I realize I like it better when there is nothing. No sound. No invasion. But each day I hear the screaming turns of the machines and the pressure. Nothing gives up in toil. It is there to tease and tell you it will never be enough. I've woken up and wondered why a different girl emerged. Less hair, more weight. Less care, more hate. I am not the same but I am stronger. Being awake is not bliss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment