Friday, February 19, 2010
to meet my parents
You'd have to understand that I am totally split down the middle. I truly am inbetween. I feel that life led me to understand certain truths about myself. All alone in a dark room I could conjure feelings and then I light the wick and it's the same old crumbling room I lived in before. My bedroom was in shambles. I was alone with candles. These things came to me when I was very young and I think before I was able to speak I had a connection to them. For a long time the sun would burn a hole into my soul as I spoke to it. I remembered thinking I had a diamond heart. When I was older, I thought I could feel the sun ticking the time and shining a little brighter to burn into my mind the remembrance of it. It was spectacular and dying all the same. I spoke to it then, too, in the early morning air. Keep moving through your zodiac because you still have time. You still feel young. You will rise. Your rays will reach. You will die. Back then I also remember chasing the ever-elusive moon around my yard and later caught it in a necklace my mom bought for me. These two images somehow made sense when I thought of mom and dad. You see my mom would have been that sun to me, following my shadow. And that rare moon. That was my dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment