Tuesday, July 13, 2010
In what do I believe
I believe it's gotta be like a tree. Things gotta grow. My belief system is no different. I began feeling very isolated within myself. I had to reach out to others... such a nice tree. I had to find a way to keep her happy and safe. But as I grew my needs changed and my questions increased and my experiences seemed to create within me a conflict. How can people be as they are and still be spiritual? How can they hate themselves so much as to throw themselves on terrible trains of thought? Dalai Lama said compassion would lead to other wonderful things... and thoughts and actions would grow toward the good. I may even learn forgiveness, patience.... selflessness... I may learn and grow. That would be something. I always felt alone even though I know I'm not. Perhaps it's because the world doesn't whisper a word of it's discontent. It doesn't seem to discuss the possibility that we are hurting. Why can't we let the conversations happen as they must? How many relationships would be healed? How many lives turned around? How many people would gain self love? I don't know... but surely not discussing our lack of compassion and caring has created the idea in the young that they do not exist. Look at your fellow human being sitting across from you. He or she could be entirely different from you... they could be someone you don't like. Now try to imagine their life and how it was. Perhaps not as you've had. But from how they grew into themselves... maybe we'd find we have a lot in common and maybe we wouldn't want to see them hurt. Maybe we'd learn to care. ~ k
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment